List of richest countries in the world 2022: Through this article, let us take a look at the complete list of the richest countries in the world and know about each country’s net worth as well which is the top ten list.
List of richest countries in the world 2022: In this article know which country is the richest in the world. There has recently been a debate on which country is richer, USA or China? The world’s richest economies or the world’s richest countries are listed below in decreasing order.
Whoever said that money can’t buy happiness did not know, that it can provide a higher GDP to a country in turn making it rich.
According to McKinsey & Co, the top richest countries in the world are—China, the United States, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Japan, Mexico, and Sweden.
China had in 2020-21 surpassed the United States becoming the wealthiest nation in the world, according to a report released by McKinsey & Co. The report was published after examining the national balance sheets of ten countries having over 60% of the global income.
As per the World Bank, the country with the highest GDP per capita income is Luxembourg. The data for 2022 reveals it to be ahead of Singapore and Ireland in second and third place.
As per World Economic Outlook published by International Monetary Fund, Global growth is expected to moderate from 5.9 in 2021 to 4.4 per cent in 2022—half a percentage point lower for 2022 than in the October World Economic Outlook (WEO), largely reflecting the forecast markdowns in the two largest economies (USA & China)
List of richest countries in the world 2022: Top 10 richest countries in the world at a glance
10-South Korea: This is the tenth-largest economy in the world in the year 2020-21 as per IMF. Known as the Republic of Korea, the country is in the East of Asia.
9- Canada: After the US, another North American country has grabbed a spot on the list of wealthiest nations in the world. It is the second-largest country in the world after Russia in terms of total area.
8- Italy: The Italian economy achieved an impressive recovery from the pandemic shock, returning close to the pre-COVID level of output by late 2021. It is an almost 2 trillion dollar economy now.
7. France: Another European nation, France, has managed to take its place in the top ten on the list of the wealthiest nations in the world. The country is renowned for its wines and sophisticated cuisine. Its capital, Paris, is famous for its fashion houses, classical art museums, and monuments. France slipped a position in GDP comparisons as per IMF last year.
6. India: Indian economy is the sixth-largest economy in the world as per IMF. The economy was at 3..18 in the fiscal year 2020-21 and is expected to see a 5 trillion mark by 2027 as per the latest IMF predictions.
5. United Kingdom: The United Kingdom, the island nation of Europe, consists of four countries– England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The European nation is ranked 6th on the list of the wealthiest nations in the world. In 2021, the Indian economy was just 0.1 trillion dollars short of the UK economy which stood at 3.19 trillion dollars. India is expected to surpass this mark beating UK’s economy by the end of 2022.
4. Germany: Officially known as the Federal Republic of Germany, it is the second-most populous nation in Europe and the seventh-largest on the European continent. Germany ranks fourth when it comes to the wealthiest nation in the world.
3. Japan: The island nation of East Asia is 3rd on the list of wealthiest nations in the world as per International Monetary Fund. Japan is the eleventh most populous nation in the world and is among the urbanized nations in the world.
2. China: China is the most populous nation on the planet. It had the first spot on the list of the richest nations in the world in 2021 surpassing the United States of America. As per IMF now it is the second-largest economy. Officially known as the People’s Republic of China, China is situated in East Asia and is spread in five geographical time zones, having 14 borders– second only to Russia.
1- United States: Located in North America, the United States ranks third in the world in terms of size and population. It has again beaten China, to become the richest country in the world.
In both, US and China, more than two-thirds of the wealth is held by 10% of the households and their share is continuously increasing. Around 68% of the global net worth is held by real estate, as computed by McKinsey & Co.
The data shared above is available on the official website of IMF as well.
List Of Richest Countries In The World 2022
Listed are the richest countries in the world based on GDP.
|United States:||$25.347 trillion|
|United Kingdom:||$3.19 trillion|
|France:||$ 3.06 trillion|
|South Korea:||$1.8 trillion|
*The above table indicates the increase in the total economy of the country during the fiscal year 2020-21 and the estimated nominal GDP projected by IMF in 2022.