Many young Africans in the creative arena are currently struggling to find appropriate resources to fund their journey, despite the fact that great academic institutions do exist on the continent.
Netflix Scholarships seek to address this issue by increasing financial support for Sub-Saharan African youth and enable them to pursue knowledge and skills in the creative academic sector. This money will give them access to the best programmes and institutions in the region.
Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships Eligibility
- Applicants must be citizens of and currently living in a West or Central African country:
- West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
- Central Africa: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, São Tomé & Principe
- Note: Applicants who are citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) are covered by the Southern African Development Community (SADC) programme
- Applicants must be enrolled in the partner institutions, namely:
- National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI)–Ghana
- National Film Institute Jos –Nigeria
- Pan-Atlantic University–Nigeria
- Institut Philippe Maury de l’Audiovisuel et du Cinéma (IPMAC) du groupe EM-Gabon Université (EMGU)–Gabon
- Institut Supérieur des Métiers de l’Audiovisuel (ISMA) –Benin
- Applicants must have been studying TV/Cinema industry related courses
- Note: Although the scholarship programme is open to all students enrolled in TV and film programs, priority will be given to those who are graduating within two years of applying
Benefits of Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships
- The size of the scholarship fund will be defined on a case-by-case basis, considering the TV/Film school programme cost and the country’s average living cost, but it will include tuition fees, study material fees, accommodation and living expenses.
How to Apply for Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships
Applicants will be asked to submit their 2022 transcripts, certificates, proof of enrollment, a recommendation letter from a mentor/professor/trainer, and a recognition award, if relevant.
Applicants must submit their applications by Sunday, September 4, 2022, at 11:59 PM (GMT).